You will need:
1ea Crown Roast of Pork (10-14#)
1 to 2 Cups Chef Walter J’s Cuban Spice Rub®
1 to 2 Cups Water
1) Pre heat oven to 350°F.
2) Rub Crown Roast with Cuban Spice. Crumble about 3 feet of aluminum foil into a football shape and put into center of roast to help cook evenly and to keep shape while cooking. Or, take a clean soup can with label removed and put in center of roast to hold shape.
3) Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover bone tips with foil to keep them from burning. Pour water into pan.
4) Bake for 2 ¼ – 3 hours (13-15 minutes per pound) or until a meat thermometer reads 150oF when inserted into the thickest part of a chop. Check temperature after 2 hours. Remove foil from bones for approximately the last 30 minutes of roasting to brown.
5) Let rest outside of oven for 15 minutes and then carve for eating.
6) The Crown Roast should feed about 14-20 adults depending on their appetites and what side dishes you serve.
For spice purchase information and recipes visit: www.haspice.com
You can purchase a pork crown roast locally from West Side Wholesale in Rio Grande. Please give them at least three days notice to prepare your roast. They can be contacted at 889-2700.