This recipe is easy, really tasty and can be completely prepared in advance; keeping you out of the kitchen Christmas morning!
You will need:
- 1 pkg (32 oz) frozen potatoes (any chunky type: cubed hash browns, roasted potatoes, etc.), thawed.
- 1 pkg sliced bacon (or turkey bacon), cooked and crumbled.
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- dash paprika
1. In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Spoon into a greased 13in x 9in baking dish. In another large bowl, whisk egg and milk until smooth, pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50min until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated overnight. Remove from fridge 30 min before baking.