Q: What are some other safety tips I should be aware of before participating?
1. As with all physical activities, an element of risk exists in the use of waterpark attractions. Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis are participatory waterparks with physically demanding activities. It is your responsibility to know all instructions and your own limitations, physical capabilities and swimming skills prior to participating.
2. Persons who are overweight or of a “non-athletic” nature should be aware that some attractions are strenuous with high speeds and aggressive splash pool landings. If you are of a “non-athletic” nature, you should use caution when choosing which activities to participate in. Those who are “overweight” for their body type should not use these attractions.
3. The entire premises of Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis at times can be covered with water. Exercise extreme caution when walking from place to place. No running at any time! Obey Lifeguard and Staff instructions, and observe all instructional signs and recordings at all times. Failure to follow all rules, both written and verbal, can result in serious injury to yourself or others. Violation of rules will result in immediate ejection from park without refund.
4. We strongly recommend small children and non-swimmers wear a lifejacket and are accompanied by a swimming adult.
5. Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, grills, pets, snorkels and diving equipment are not allowed.
6. Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis are family orientated waterparks. Appropriate swimwear MUST be worn at all times. No “G-Strings”, “thong” swimwear, or any offensive or suggestive clothing is permitted.
7. Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis are general admission facilities. As such, all guests entering the waterparks MUST pay an admission fee. All waterpark guests MUST wear the appropriate waterpark wristband at all times.
8. Morey's Piers reserves the right to perform physical inspection of any guest or item(s) entering or exiting the park at any time. All bags are subject to search.
9. Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis are subject to close prior to posted closing time due to inclement weather, required maintenance and/or at times with extremely low attendance levels.
Q: What about water safety?
Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis Waterparks are staffed with hundreds of nationally certified lifeguards and ride attendants for proper ride dispatching and guest assistance in pools. First Aid Stations are located inside both waterparks and are equipped to handle minor care emergencies. Our safety program has received national and international awards for excellence. Ride safety rules are posted at each pool and attraction. We also ask parents to teach kids about water safety before you visit. Please be sure non-swimmers or weak swimmers wear life vests.
Q: Are there height requirements in the Waterparks?
At Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis Waterparks, most attractions have no minimum height requirements. The WipeOut Racer Slide at Ocean Oasis all guests must be at least 42" tall to ride.
Q: Do I have to pay to use a life vest or a flotation tube at the waterparks?
Absolutely not. Raging Waters and Ocean Oasis Waterparks do not require a fee for use of our life vests or flotation tubes. There are a limited number of life vests located throughout the parks in silver bins. Life vests are recommended for all guests that consider themselves to be weak or non-swimmers.
Q: Is there a dress code?
Morey's Piers is a family destination. As such, clothing with profanity, illegal substances and other suggestive or offensive material is prohibited. Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times while visiting our waterparks. No “G-Strings”, “thong” swimwear, or any offensive or suggestive clothing is permitted Please ensure that your swimsuit is free of buttons, zippers, or snaps that could be abrasive to other swimmers or yourself. Swim diapers are required of all children under 3 years of age.
Q: Can your employees watch my stuff?
Unfortunately, no. Our staff is primarily concerned with the safe operation of our rides and attractions. As such, Morey's Piers staff cannot be responsible for any personal items including strollers, cameras, stuffed animals or purses. Please leave these items with a non-rider or rent a locker on Mariner's Landing Pier or Sufside Pier.
Q: Where should I go with questions?
If you have a question that is not answered on this website, please contact us. Once at the piers, all your questions can be answered at Guest Services located at all three piers and both waterparks.
Q: Can I take pictures and video while on the rides?
For your safety and the safety of others, pictures and video taping or filming on rides is not permitted. However, we will permit these activities to be carried out by adults on the Giant Wheel, Sky Ships and Balloon Race, all of which are located on our Mariner's Landing Pier.
Q: Will I be able to ride by myself or with a large group on every ride?
Due to balancing and other requirements, some rides are unable to accommodate single riders, especially during very busy periods. In these situations, we will attempt to place single riders together in a timely fashion to avoid inconvenience. In addition, our Operations Associates may request that you or your group sit in certain seats, or with others not in your party, to satisfy operating requirements such as balancing.
Q: What if my child is too small to ride?
Kids come in all sizes, just like our thrilling rides. Most rides have height requirements that all guests must meet in order to ride alone or, in some cases, to ride at all. To ensure the safety our guests, Morey's Piers staff has been trained to strictly enforce all requirements, and will do so regardless of the situation. As such, there will be occasions when a child is on the borderline of meeting a requirement. To help ensure consistency, Morey's Piers has developed an Official Height Measurement Program, available at any Pier Guest Services. If your child is on the borderline of any height requirement, please come to Guest Services upon your arrival and ask to be officially measured. An Associate will measure your child on a hospital quality Stadiometer and issue a wristband noting his or her exact height. Your child will still be measured at every ride, but if there is a question concerning height, the Operator will check the wristband and allow your child to ride if appropriate. We also offer our Join the Fun Pass which permits a single adult to ride on select rides while accompanying a paying child who does not meet the height requirements. Look for a designated sticker on the ride's height sign or ask Guest Services for a map of rides in the Join The Fun Program.
Q: Do the amusement rides have height requirements?
Yes, most rides do have height and/or other requirements. All requirements are posted at each ride entrance. Please visit the rides page for more information. For your safety, all requirements will be strictly enforced at all times. Official Height Measurement Morey's Piers offers Official Height Measurement at any Pier Guest Services.
If your child is on the borderline of any height requirement, please come to Guest Services upon your arrival and ask to be officially measured. An Associate will measure your child on a hospital quality Stadiometer and issue a wristband noting his or her exact height. Your child will still be measured at every ride, but if there is a question concerning height, the Operator will check the wristband and allow your child to ride if appropriate.
Q: Who decides what the height requirements on each ride are supposed to be?
All rider requirements, including height, age, and weight restrictions, are determined by ride manufactures, the state of New Jersey, and Morey's Piers Management. All rider requirements are FOR YOUR SAFETY, are not negotiable, and will be strictly enforced at all times.
Official Height Measurement
Morey's Piers offers Official Height Measurement at any Pier Guest Services. If your child is on the borderline of any height requirement, please come to Guest Services upon your arrival and ask to be officially measured. An Associate will measure your child on a hospital quality Stadiometer and issue a wristband noting his or her exact height. Your child will still be measured at every ride, but if there is a question concerning height, the Operator will check the wristband and allow your child to ride if appropriate.
Q: Who shouldn’t ride and slide?
Every guest has different capabilities and limitations. Guests with temporary disabilities (such as casts and braces), as well as very tall or large framed guests, may be prohibited from riding many rides for safety reasons. Guests with heart or back conditions, as well as expectant mothers, should not participate in most rides. Please direct any further questions concerning your individual situation to Guests Services.
Q: What should I do if my child needs a band aid?
A First Aid station is available to our guests in each pier and waterpark. First aid onSurfside Pier is located next to the GreatNor'Easter roller coaster, behind the Mini Scooter Bumper Cars on Mariner's Landing Pier, and under the Great White roller coaster station on Adventure Pier.