Morey’s Piers Introduces the New Adventure Pier: The Pier That Rocks
Featuring More Live Music, Live Radio Broadcasts, Live Artist Workshops and Much More
Morey’s Piers, located on the boardwalk in the Wildwoods, NJ, is rocking and rolling into summer with the grand opening of the new Adventure Pier on Saturday, May 17, 2014. From a bigger stage, with performances by budding musicians, and new food venues, to rotating artist galleries and Adventure Pier’s already beloved extreme thrill rides, “The Pier That Rocks” aims to entertain guests all summer long.
Starting Saturday, May 17, visitors of Adventure Pier will enjoy new and improved attractions for 2014 including:
• Known for its award-winning Philly Cheesesteaks and old-Philly style sandwiches, Tony Luke’s is bringing a taste of South Philly to the heart of Adventure Pier. Guests will find classics such as Tony Luke’s original cheesesteak, and the popular roast pork sandwich, as well as boardwalk fries with or without cheese.
• Across from artBOX, the ALOHA Smoothie Company is serving up a refreshing menu of smoothies and sorbets such as the classic strawberry banana smoothie, organic acai sorbet, the Rio Bowl which tops an acai smoothie with fresh banana, local honey and homemade granola, and more.
• Sweet Pea is scooping up homemade ice cream from its mobile truck. Thirty plus flavors are available ranging from favorites such as vanilla and chocolate, and the top selling salted caramel, to many exotics all using a gluten free base with fresh fruits and purees.
• Guests can kick-back, relax and enjoy all the music and art from a seat on one of the twenty new benches placed throughout Adventure Pier. Designed by the returning team of artBOX local artists, the refreshed benches are custom made from repurposed Sky Ride seats with designs that include an octopus, life guard chair, beach balls, sea gulls, etc.
• Soccer enthusiasts can compete like the pros with the new Soccer Challenge game themed around this summer’s World Cup games.
Adrenaline-induced shrieks and the click and clang of the slow climb to the top of Morey’s Piers’ iconic wooden coaster will soon be combined with the sounds of electric guitars and beating drums. Set-up on a brand new stage that can accommodate up to 300 fans, the top New Jersey and Pennsylvania bands from School of Rock, a performance program for young musicians ages seven to 18, return with a full line-up of evening performances starting May 23 through August 31. For a list of scheduled performances, visit www.moreyspiers.com/schoolofrock.
Live from a brand new onsite boardwalk studio on Adventure Pier, 106.3 WJSE will broadcast alternative rock jams daily from 3pm to 7pm, followed by 98.7 The Coast playing today’s hits from 7pm to midnight, starting Memorial Day weekend.
artBOX, Morey’s Piers’ interactive artists colony crafted from 11 re-purposed shipping containers, features new enhancements including air conditioned galleries, interactive workshops, and a rotation of guest artists ranging from photographers to sculptors to be featured throughout the season. Returning local artists from the inaugural artBOX exhibition include glass blowing from Pete Bieling Jr., surf art from David Macomber, and traditional seascape painting from Pete Bieling Sr.
“Urban Nautical” artist David Macomber will host weekly “Paint & Skate” art classes at artBOX on Wednesdays from 3:30pm to 5:30pm starting June 11. Classes are $75 per person and include skateboard, painting supplies, and professional instruction helping guests create their own personal skateboard design. Macomber will also host shorter, nightly “Mixed Media” art classes focusing on beach photography, stenciling and spray paint. Classes start at $25 per person. Must be 11 years old or older to participate; limit to 5 people per class. To register for a class, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Morey’s Piers, visit www.moreyspiers.com.
About Morey’s Piers
Morey’s Piers, located on the boardwalk in the Wildwoods, New Jersey is a classic seaside amusement park, family owned and operated since 1969. Voted the third best seaside amusement park in the world by Amusement Today, Morey’s Piers has over 100 rides and attractions spanning over eighteen acres along six beach blocks and includes three amusement piers and two beachfront waterparks. Convenient to the major population centers of the Northeast, yet a world apart, Morey’s Piers along with Morey Hotels & Resorts combines the pure joy of an amusement park, the sights and sounds of a classic boardwalk, outstanding accommodations, together with the rhythm of beach life. Visit them at Surfside Pier, featuring the Ocean Oasis Waterpark and Beach Club at 25th Avenue, Mariner’s Landing Pier, featuring Raging Waters Waterpark at Schellenger Avenue, and Adventure Pier at Spencer Avenue. For more information, visit www.moreyspiers.com or phone (609) 522-3900 or like us on Facebook. You can also follow us on Twitter and YouTube.