Morey's Piers, the region's leading Family Recreation destination, is recruiting an Attractions Maintenance Intern to join the 2015 seasonal team. This internship requires a highly motivated individual who is studying engineering to work our team of attractions maintenance technicians. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: working closely with senior technicians assisting with inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance compliance; assisting other technicians with lubrication tasks, cleaning tasks, etc.; assisting senior technicians inspect parts during inspections to determine changes in dimensional requirements (may include use of rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring devices); assisting senior technicians in adjusting functional parts of devices using hand tools; completing work assignments and computer records. Applicants must be available to work 6 days per week, a minimum of 8 hours per day (normal shifts are 6am - 2pm).
- Team oriented.
- Able to work in a high intensity environment.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft programs.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require moving one's whole body such as lifting, balancing, climbing and stooping or bending.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk up to 12 hours at a time.
- Must be able to work in varying weather (rain, wind, cold temperatures, direct sunlight or high heat and humidity).
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include an email subject line of "2015 Attractions Maintenance Internship."