Morey's Piers, the region's leading Family Recreation destination, is recruiting a Retail Intern to join the 2015 seasonal team.
If you enjoy interacting with people from all around the world, come join our retail team! The Retail Intern is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Retail Store, including managing of staff, stocking and merchandising the store as well as maintaining a fun customer focused environment. Duties include, but are not limited to: adhering to established revenue and expense budgets; fulfilling orders; assisting on designs for merchandise and/or signage; monitoring our social media pages; and helping with special events. Must maintain a clean and safe workplace. Applicants must be able to contribute to a team environment and possess a friendly customer service attitude. We operate in a busy, fast pace environment with a typical 40-48 hour a week schedule. Our season generally runs between March and September; work schedules include morning, day and evening shifts.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, well groomed appearance.
- Knowledge of Windows based programs including Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 12 hours at a time.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require moving one's whole body such as lifting, balancing, climbing, stooping and bending.
- Cash handling skills.
- Prior Retail experience.
- Ability to motivate and direct people.
- Prior Point of Sale experience.
- Prior customer service experience.
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the email subject line of "2015 Retail Internship Applicant".