With New Year’s resolutions right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to leave your commitment issues behind and set your clock goal to 13.1 miles. On May 18, 2014 the Wild Half Marathon & 8k is back in the Wildwoods where you get the chance to commit right in your own backyard. The course will take you onto the Boardwalk, through three shore towns and 75% percent of the route boasts beautiful views of the water. Did I mention a wristband to Morey’s Piers is included in the registration for every runner and discounted ride wristbands are offered to friends & family? Not convinced yet? Here are 13.1 MORE reasons to run the Wild Half Marathon:
1. You’re at the Beach.
2. Kick off to summer!
3. It’s all about fun, not just the run.
4. Finisher’s Medal. Why all runners run. The bling.
5. Course Entertainment
6. The Route
7. Technical Race Shirt. The other reason runners run. The free shirts.
8. The After Party
9. Cheer & Water Stations
10. Get Wild. Running 13.1 miles is already pretty WILD but get dressed up if you want. Go back up to #3…It’s all about fun.
11. Free yoga. Where else can you practice free yoga on the beach?
12. Fitness (can’t forget that one)
13.1 Morey’s Piers Rides!
Ready to commit now? I thought so. On top of all the great stuff going on throughout the weekend, you can “Like” The Wild Half Marathon & 8k on Facebook and join the Social Training Team starting in February lead by Kristel Fillmore, oh wait that’s me! Meet other runners virtually, chat about goals, experience training together and hopefully meet lifelong running partners on May 18, 2014. See you there for sun, fun and rides!