"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost." Zig Ziglar
I wake up extra early every morning and read motivational quotes and blogs. I set daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals for myself, and you will almost always catch me with my cell phone to my ear or walking and emailing someone at the same time. Any idea what department I am in at Morey’s yet? That’s right, sales!
As the Group Accommodations & Event Manager, my job is to find new groups to accommodate in our 5 Morey Resorts, help brides and grooms-to-be choose their perfect wedding venue and date, as well as be there the day of the wedding to manage the event. There’s a ton of things I love about my job, but I’ve managed to narrow it down so I don’t bore everyone:
1. It’s rewarding: from planning an event and watching it all come together, to reaching personal and professional goals, my job is truly rewarding.
2. I get to work with just about every department in the organization: hospitality, food and beverage, operations, facilities and maintenance, accounting to marketing; I get to learn and apply everything I learn. That’s pretty amazing.
3. It makes me think outside of the box: from creating new events or groups, to listening and placing a bride in one of the proper venue locations, you have to get creative!
4. My day is never ever the same.
5. It can be uncomfortable: it challenges me to take everything to the next question or level, and though it’s sometimes scary, I conquer personal fears and achievements.
6. It’s fun!
7. I learn new things daily.
8. I have freedom to grow. The sky is the limit, and I have a full support team to help me make big things happen, (or tell me no if they think they it won’t work!)
9. It keeps me busy and is never boring.
10. I get to attend trade shows and learn and keep up with the latest wedding & event trends.