Morey's Piers, the region's leading Family Recreation destination, is recruiting Culinary Interns to join the 2017 seasonal team. The internship provides the opportunity for college students to develop a wide range of resume-building skills, while working alongside professionals that represent some of the best in the field. Interns will have the opportunity to interact with co-workers at every level - from management to fellow co-workers.
Interns will assist in overall Food and Beverage facility operations including, but not limited to: assisting in the development of menu items, determining ordering needs, food preparation, assistingint he planning and implementation of special function and catering events, inventory management, and the overall guest experience.
For training purposes, applicants must be available to start work on or before the middle of May in order to be considered for this position. Internships run for approximately 3 months, and generally begin in May and end in mid-August or early September.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must understand the daily operations of restaurants and quick service food locations.
- Must successfully complete all department training programs.
- ServSafe certification or equivalent food handling certification/training; TIPS certification a plus.
- Able to understand professional standards including: sanitation, handling and care of food, cook processes and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work in a high intensity environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require moving one's whole body such as lifting, balancing, climbing and stooping or bending.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk up to 12 hours at a time.
- Must be able to work in varying weather (rain, wind, cold temperatures, direct sunlight or high heat and humidity.
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include an email subject line of "2017 Culinary Internship."