July 31 - National Cotton Candy Day
Wild Pass holders (with a valid wristband) can receive a FREE fun-size bag of cotton candy! Stop by La Bakerie, located on the front of Mariner's Pier, to score yourself of bag of this fluffy deliciousness. Other cotton candy treats available for purchase include:*
- Cotton Candy Funnel Cake (available at La Bakerie).
- Cotton Candy Martini (available at Joe Fish Co. & Jumbo's Restaurant).
*Plus applicable tax. Valid on 7/31/18 only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. One bag of cotton candy per wild pass holder. While supplies last.
Cotton Candy Fun Facts
- In 1904, these two Nashville candy makers introduced their invention of how to make cotton candy to the St. Louis World’s Fair. Due to fair goers’ curiosity, these inventors sold approximately 68,655 boxes of cotton candy for 25 cents a box for a total of $17,163.75.
- Threads of cotton candy are thinner than a human hair.
- What Americans call cotton candy is called “candyfloss” in the UK and India, “fairy floss” in Australia and Finland, “papa’s beard” (barbe à papa) in France, and “old ladies’ hair” in Greece.
- In 2009, a vending machine was invented that lets you buy a serving of cotton candy at any time.
- The longest cotton candy was created in July 2009 and measured 1,400 m long—about the same length as 13 football fields! It took six hours to make the gigantic treat.
- Sugar is the only ingredient in cotton candy.
TREAT YOUR TASTE BUDS!
From classical cool cones to culinary cuisine, Morey's Piers has everything your stomach desires.
Curley’s Fries located on the front of Surfside and Mariner’s Piers has been a boardwalk staple since 1974. Stop by either location to find out why millions of visitors happily wait in line for a taste of these world-famous fries and lemonade shakeups. Curley's Fries now come with tasty seasonings. Try them with Old Bay Seasoning, Sea Salt or Cuban Spice for a fresh twist on everyone's favorite Boardwalk treat!
Want more? Don't miss the Taco Joint, Jake's Steaks and all the funnel cake and sweets on Mariner's & Surfside Piers!