Morey's Piers, the region's leading Family Recreation destination, is recruiting Interns to join the 2018 seasonal team. The internship provides the opportunity for college students to develop a wide range of resume-building skills, while working alongside professionals that represent some of the best in the field. Interns will have the opportunity to interact with co-workers at every level - from management to fellow co-workers.
Interns will assist in overall Food and Beverage facility operations including, but not limited to: assisting in the development of menu items, determining ordering needs, food preparation, assisting in the planning and implementation of special function and catering events, inventory management, and the overall guest experience.
For training purposes, applicants must be available to start work on or before the middle of May in order to be considered for this position. Internships run for approximately 3 months, and generally begin in May and end in mid-August or early September.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must understand the daily operations of restaurants and quick service food locations.
- Must successfully complete all department training programs.
- ServSafe certification or equivalent food handling certification/training; TIPS certification a plus.
- Able to understand professional standards including: sanitation, handling and care of food, cook processes and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work in a high intensity environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require moving one's whole body such as lifting, balancing, climbing and stooping or bending.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk up to 12 hours at a time.
- Must be able to work in varying weather (rain, wind, cold temperatures, direct sunlight or high heat and humidity.
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include an email subject line of "2018 Culinary Internship."
Cash Control – Assistant Night Supervisor
Morey's Piers, the region's leading Family Recreation destination, is recruiting an Cash Control - Assistant Supervisor to join the 2018 seasonal team.
Similar to working in a bank vault, the Cash Control - Assistant Supervisor is at the foundation of the Finance and Accounting department by performing cash handling and reconciliation of revenue using custom computer programs and equipment. Prepare accurate reports on a tight deadline. Provide consistent, friendly and helpful service to other Morey’s Managers and/or Supervisors.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: work as part of a team to distribute, collect and control cash and balance complex revenues reports; deliver and pickup MIMO cash recycler revenue; operate computers using customized programs and equipment including cash recycle systems (MIMO); input, retrieve and correct data from various systems and enter data into internal reporting systems; operate calculators, hand/push cart and a variety of coin and currency related machines; collect and reconcile, coins, coupons, currency, cash reports and other revenue media using custom computer programs and equipment; use computer to input, run reports, verify, and correct data and produce accounting reports; follow all departmental policies, systems, procedures and guides and implement to staff; follow safety procedures and proper lifting techniques; report inappropriate or suspicious behavior to cash control management; perform general office cleaning duties such as vacuuming, dusting and taking out garbage; maintain a clean and orderly work environment; work on special projects and/or perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of one year cash handling experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in an environment with a team-oriented focus.
- Ability to collect, list, count, verify and record cash, tickets, currency and other admissions media.
- Ability to identify and assess problems and to work with management to rectify them.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and follow Company policies, systems, procedures and guides.
- Ability to follow safety practices and proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to be completely honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Ability to provide consistent, friendly, professional and helpful service to other employees and guests.
- Ability to handle changing priorities.
- Ability to use computerized databases, spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (with strong emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word) to produce accounting reports.
- Ability to work with other departments to ensure orderly job completion.
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator and a variety of coin and currency related machines.
- Ability to accurately perform data entry on a tight deadline.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a very fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to walk up to one mile with 25 lbs. in a backpack several times a day.
- Able to walk up and down stairs.
- Able to walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. of coins from floor to waist height and to carry up to .5 miles several times a day.
- Able to perform physical work including crawling, pushing, frequent bending, pulling, stooping and lifting bags of coins and boxes.
- Able to work in a noisy environment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Background, credit and drug screenings are part of the hiring process.
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include an email subject line of "2018 Cash Control - Assistant Supervisor."