Morey's Piers, the region's leading Family Recreation destination, is recruiting Interns to join our seasonal team. The internship provides the opportunity for college students to develop a wide range of resume-building skills, while working alongside professionals that represent some of the best in the field. Interns will have the opportunity to interact with co-workers at every level - from management to fellow co-workers.
Ride Operations Management Internship
The Ride Operations Management Internship at Morey's Piers is a supervisory-level position that places students in real, direct leadership roles, providing the opportunity develop managerial, leadership, and communication skills in a fun and exciting environment.
Interns will assist in overall amusement facility operations including: ride systems operation, training, coaching, and recognition of front-line staff members, monitoring attraction throughput and ensuring efficiency standards are met, leading team meetings, organizing Associate activities and events, actively responding to Guest-related concerns, and identifying and resolving general operational issues. Top priorities include ensuring the safety of our Guests and fellow Associates, facility cleanliness, and providing Guest Service that exceeds expectations.
Due to the seasonal nature of the Wildwoods, ample affordable seasonal housing is available for summer residents. In fact, over 90% of the seasonal Associates at Morey's Piers are from out of state and spend their summer in Wildwood. Morey's Piers offers housing assistance to all interns.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- U.S. Citizen or legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Attending college or recent graduate.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Successful completion of all departmental training programs.
- Able to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Able to work in a high-intensity environment
- Able to balance multiple priorities.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- High level of communication (verbal/written) and time management skills.
- Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to perform physical activities that require lifting, balancing, climbing, stooping, and bending.
- Able to push, pull, or lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to stand/walk up to 12 hours at a time.
- Able to work in various weather conditions (rain, wind, cold, direct sunlight, high heat, humidity).
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and interest in this internship.
- College transcript (official or unofficial) not needed, but preferred.
- Available to begin work no later than 5/15/21. Available to work until 7 days prior to start of fall semester.
DATES OF INTERNSHIP (FLEXIBLE):
- May through August.
- Season pass for you, for use as long as you remain an intern in good standing.
- Discounted passes for family and friends available to interns.
- Discounted food, beverage, and retail store pricing.
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter, resume and college transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include an email subject line of "2021 Ride Operations Management Internship"
Games Leadership Internship
Join an international award-winning team to enhance your management experience! The Games Leadership Internship at Morey's Piers is a supervisory-level position that provides the opportunity for future professionals to develop management, leadership and guest service skills in a fast-paced, fun, exciting, and rewarding environment with an award-winning Games department!
Morey’s Piers operates approximately 40 games of skill and fun across its three amusement piers and two beachfront water parks. In 2019, Morey’s Pier Games Operation was internationally recognized by receiving a Brass Ring Award for being the Best Midway Games Operation from the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA). The IAAPA Brass Ring Awards annually recognize achievement and innovation excellence throughout the global attractions industry.
Interns will be key members of the Games Management Team and are responsible for the daily operation and management of an area of games, typically consisting of approximately 8-15 revenue producing stands, that employ 30-70 seasonal team members. Interns will assist in overall games facility operations. This includes operating games, daily staff supervision, organizing associate activities, training individuals and groups, identifying and resolving problems, cash control and risk management. Top priorities include being outgoing and motivated, ensuring the safety of our guests and fellow team members, facility cleanliness, and providing guest service that exceeds expectations.
Due to the seasonal nature of the Wildwoods, ample affordable seasonal housing is available for summer residents. In fact, over 90% of the seasonal team at Morey's Piers are from out of state and spend their summer in Wildwood. Morey's Piers offers housing assistance to all interns.
Application Timeline: Hiring begins in December and positions are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Generally, all positions are filled by mid-April.
Compensation & Hours: $13.00 per hour. Approximately 55-65 hours per week, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
· U.S. Citizen.
· At least 18 years of age.
· Attending college or just graduating.
· Prior supervisory experience in games, retail or amusement park setting a plus.
· High level of organizational skills and detail oriented.
· Able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Able to balance multiple priorities.
· High level of communication (verbal/written) and time management skills.
· Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be able to perform physical activities that require moving one’s whole body such as lifting, balancing, climbing, stooping or bending.
· Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 25 lbs.
· Must be able to stand or walk up to 12 hours at a time.
· Must be able to work in varying weather (rain, wind, cold temperatures, direct sunlight, high heat and/or humidity).
Please visit: https://www.moreyspiers.com/applicant-internship-form to submit your resume and cover letter for the Games Leadership Intern position. We do not accept these documents via email, they must be submitted through our website.
Morey's Piers, the region's leading Family Recreation destination, is recruiting an Accounting Intern to join the 2021 seasonal team.
The Accounting Intern is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Accounting Department. The intern must be a self-starter who is willing to take on projects as needed. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: organizing daily deposits for the pier, food, beverage and games divisions; preparing and uploading deposit information into accounting software; assisting with the processing of Accounts Payable; bank reconciliations; analyzing differences with Cash Room reconciliation; and assisting with other projects as necessary. Applicants must be able to contribute to a team environment and possess a friendly customer service attitude. Our season runs between May and September; work schedule is typically 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Great organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze data for accuracy.
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter and resume to HR@moreyspiers.com.
Please include an email subject line of "2021 Accounting Internship Applicant."
Seasonal Payroll Support
Morey’s Piers is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented and motivated individual to fill the position in the Payroll Department. This individual will work directly with the payroll supervisor for the 2021 summer season in a supporting role. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced and extremely busy environment assisting with payroll duties such as data entry, creating reports, filing, scanning and working with front line employees.
Candidates must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5pm, including summer holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day).
The seasonal support position (non-benefited) work schedule is from May through September 2021. This position is 40 hours per week in an office environment, however, additional hours may be needed depending upon work volume.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional business casual office attire.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
- Must be able to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Customer Service.
If interested, please email PDFs of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include an email subject line of "2021 Payroll Support Applicant."