We have been collecting applications for several weeks now and we are about the begin setting up interviews. During my professional career, I have interviewed literally tens of thousands of applicants and have a few tips for those of you looking for employment with Morey’s Piers.
1. Remember, everything you put forth is a reflection of you. Make sure you don’t have typos, misspellings or slang in your application or email correspondence. This is not the time for text language (i.e. LOL, IDK, “U” rather than “you”). Proof read your materials before you send them. We are looking for people who pay attention to details and will represent us well to our guests.
Actual example of a poor email communication:
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2011 6:02 PM
hey i sent you an email last week and u nerver responded so did u not get it or u just dident respond?
Actual example of good email communication:
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:29 PM
Dear Ms XXXXX,
Thank you for the opportunity to work at Morey’s Piers this upcoming season. I am available to begin training the week of June 19th . I will also be able to attend the orientation on May 14th. I look forward to it.
Thanks again, XXXXXXXX
2. Phone skills – Be polite. How you communicate with our hiring managers is a direct reflection of how you will communicate with our guests.
3. Be on time! If you have an interview, don’t be late. It creates a horrible first impression and leads employers to believe you are not reliable or that you don’t really care about getting the position.
4. Dress the part. If you don’t dress for success, chances are you won’t be successful. Our grooming motto is “Image Counts.” When you come for the interview, you want to portray a neat, clean and orderly image. Coming in hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants, and tank tops does not convey a professional image to us and may impact our decision to hire you.
5. Know your work availability and schedule conflicts. If you have a summer trip planned, or can only work until the beginning of August, now is the time to discuss it.
6. Do your homework. Know why you want to work for Morey’s Piers and make sure you can express it. Understand the basics of the job and ask good questions.
7. Most importantly, relax, be yourself and be friendly! We are selecting folks for our team who will provide our guests with exceptional service. Attitude is Everything – make sure to portray a positive one.
Remember, we want to provide our guests with the best possible experience and that depends heavily on the staff we choose to represent us each and every day on our facilities. Good Luck!
Apply online for one of our many positions today!